Friday, January 18, 2013

I went back to Petrópolis for the third time, for almost a full week this time! Petrópolis is a mountain city with 350,000 people, about an hour away from Rio (about 6 million people, I believe). 

The house where the President of Brazil would stay, if she were ever to come and visit.

 
Eu fiz latkes! I made latkes... no I didn't eat any of off a plate, don't be ridiculous! I ate while I cooked, of course.
 We had chocolate fondue... have we started a tradition of Petrópolis? The chocolate was "crocante," meaning it had little crunchy things in it, so it was quite a strange chocolate fondue experience.

Chocolate fondue with bananas, strawberries, apples and pineapple! 
 Matilde (Denmark) made a traditional Danish Christmas dessert, called Ris a la Monde (I think, don't hold me to that!)

In one of the bowls was hidden a full almond.. whoever found the almond got a present. Leandra, from Switzerland found it in her bowl. 


I just want to comment now that Blogger HATES ME! It keeps putting my pictures in an obnoxious order or not letting me put them on at all. Thanks, Blogger. 

 We made the all American brownies, of course! They probably aren't even American, huh... Ah well.

 Leandra went to a wedding... and came back looking like this!
 Bombons do casamento! The sweets from the wedding.
 While Leandra was at the wedding, Matilde, Kathryn and I went to a show at the Imperial Museum called Som & Luz (sound and light), which was really awesome! It was a history of the royal family of Brazil/Petrópolis... Would have been cooler if we could understand everything, because the sound quality was just not that great. This picture is of water being sprayed and a projection shone through it.
 The wax museum!
 Chillin' with my Jewish friend, Einstein!
 Captain Jack Sparrow!
 Leandra bought bubbles. We played with bubbles :)
 Monkeys, monkeys, everywhere! Why is it monkeys and not monkies?
 Beautiful Petrópolis
 More beautiful Petrópolis


No comments:

Post a Comment