Friday, October 19, 2012

Random thoughts that I wanted to get out of my system!!

Random thoughts that I wanted to get out of my system!! 

When I got to Rio, they were doing elections for the local government, so there were constantly people out campaigning and stuff. Now that that is over... the city seems deserted! You don't get bothered by 100 people a day handing out little pieces of paper or the campaign songs blasted from cars... It is a very different atmosphere.

In New Mexico, you can save a LOT of money by ordering water at a restaurant. This is not the case in Rio. Water costs just as much as sodas and other things... you can't find free water anywhere. Another thing: people rarely (if ever) drink straight from the bottle or straight from the can. They either have a straw or pour the beverage into a cup; they consider it dirty to drink straight from the container.

No comments:

Post a Comment